Jason Rackmil, PT, DPT
“Since high school I was interested in exercising, fitness, and how the human body worked. My freshman year of college, my mom had spinal cord compression at her lower thoracic spine. She had to undergo emergency surgery to decompress her spinal cord or she would have been paralyzed. A week later she had to have a second surgery to remove bone fragments that were compressing her spine. I took my Mom to her physical therapy appointments for several months after her surgery. I watched her progress from getting around in a wheel chair to walking with a walker, then eventually walking independently. At that time I knew I wanted to be a PT.”
My Education and Expertise…..
- University at Buffalo – Doctorate in Physical Therapy, (DPT)
- University of St Augustine – Completing Manual Therapy Certification
- International Spine and Pain Institute – Completing training in Spinal Thrust Manipulation
- McKenzie Institute, USA – Completing Certification in Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment of Disorders of Spine and Extremities
- Completed several continuing education courses on treating spinal instability
- Clinical Instructor for Nazareth College
My Interests and Hobbies…..
“I enjoy regular exercise, weight lifting and recently began running. This past May I completed my first half marathon. What I enjoy most, is hanging out with my 2 amazing sons Luke and Jaxon (one year apart). I enjoy playing “pirates” ,”Star Wars”, “Construction workers”, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”, and Legos with them while watching them laugh and entertain each other. On weekend nights you can find me enjoying a good micro-brew and either playing board games with friends or getting caught up on my T.V. shows: “Gotham”, “Agents of Shield”, “Homeland” and “Sleeper Cell”.
Treating the Northtowns of Western New York
No matter if you live just north of us in Niagara Falls, Wheatfield, Grand Island or North Tonawanda or if you call Amherst, Cheektowaga, Clarence, Kenmore, or Buffalo home. We are conveniently located in Tonawanda and look forward to finding out how we can help with all of types of orthopedic injuries as well as vertigo and dizziness.